Tips for Responsible Gambling
When enjoyed in a responsible manner, gambling can be a fun, exciting, and entertaining activity. Many individuals enjoy gambling in this way. But for some, gambling can become a problem and even develop into an addiction. The following tips can help gambling remain fun and keep it from becoming a problem.
- Set money limits.
- Set time limits.
- Play for fun, not to earn money.
- Bet only what you can afford to lose.
- Don’t play to escape.
- Know what’s legal and what isn’t.
- Never gamble when stressed, depressed, or in recovery.
- Know when to quit; don’t chase your losses.
- Expect to lose.
- Avoid mixing gambling with alcohol or other substances.
- Never borrow to play.
- Gambling should not replace other hobbies or healthy activities.
- Know where to get help.