Drug Free Safety Program
Ohio’s Drug-Free Safety Program helps employers more effectively prevent on-the-job injuries and illness by integrating drug-free efforts into their overall workplace safety program. The DFSP can help employers achieve both long-range safety and cost-saving benefits. Participants will learn about Policy Development, Education and Training, Supervisor Training and Employee Education
The Drug-Free Safety Program saves lives, is cost effective and will help employers assist and retain valuable employees. Benefits to business owners include:
- On average, each substance abusing employee costs the employer $7,000.00 annually
- Substance abusers are 33% to 50% less productive than non-abusers
- Abusers are 3.6 times more likely to have an accident on the job
- Substance abusers are 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
Under the new Drug-Free Safety Program, all new hires and new supervisors must receive employee education and/or supervisor training within 8 weeks of hire or promotion. Benefits of going drug-free in the workplace are:
- Reduce losses from absenteeism, theft, fraud
- Fewer disciplinary actions & accidents
- Reduced costs of insurance claims
- Earlier identification & resolution of problems
- Improved employee morale and productivity
To learn more about the Drug Free Safety Program at Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers contact us.
Learn more about the program from the Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation.