Get Set Before You Bet – Takisha Morgan discusses senior gambling
Takisha Morgan, LGRC Prevention Specialist, was a guest on WINT Radio’s Our Aging World to discuss senior citizens and gambling. Seniors are the fastest growing group of gamblers in society today. Takisha gives important key points on how to prevent gambling issues from developing.
- Set limits (time and money)
- Leave credit/debit cards at home
- Play just for fun
- Don’t chase your losses
- Don’t use alcohol or drugs when gambling
- Go with a friend or accountability partner
- Don’t use gambling as a coping mechanism – find healthy alternatives like a hobby or exercise
Listen to Takisha’s entire interview here. And if you have questions about your own or a loved one’s gambling habits call Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers to seek help.